Sunday, February 16, 2014

House & Gardens

Some fairly random pictures this month - mainly because Scarey Sis has given me an i-phone and I can take photos when out on my runs. This dry stone wall is a rare example of a nineteenth century (built between 1867 and 1875) demarcation between the huge Lanyon and Yarralumla properties in the ACT.
Tuggeranong Dry Stone Wall
Paddy's River postbox
I've been doing some needle-craft (stitching a design for a cushion to be precise) and using several different versions of almost similar colours: poppy; maroon; raspberry; redcurrant; red.

Five shades of red
Chargrilled baby octopus salad from Fyshwick Markets
I found this redback spider in the compost bin. She was busy laying eggs, so I bravely threw a mouldy apple at her and ran away.



Meanwhile, there are nicer things in the garden - such as these peaches ripening on the tree.


Another run in scorching summer temperatures from Kambah Pool to Red Rocks Gorge.


And then we had champagne on Valentine's Day - as you do.



No comments:

Post a Comment