Monday, April 30, 2018

Moo make me feel like dancing

On Anzac Day we went for a walk through the Murrumbidgee Corridor. It was peaceful and glorious.

The Murrumbidgee
These pickled onions made me laugh.


Here is the latest in the series of Nailed It (or not). See if you can tell the difference between my version of roast cauliflower, chickpea and paneer curry, and the official photographed recipe version.


I know; they're practically identical, right?

And speaking of curry, this is the Rogan Josh brewed by Him Outdoors and the Stutchbury Farmer for Wignall Brewery. It is going to GABS as a Festival Beer. We are very excited by this.


I was very lucky to be given a free ticket to Groovin the Moo, which is apparently a music festival for young people. It was dark by the time I got there after work, so I had no concern at all over being older than almost everyone else present. And I can dance and enjoy the music just the same. There was a pretty good vibe - I suspect all the drunken eejits had already passed out. I danced and sang along to my favourites and discovered an appreciation for some new stuff. 

Claptone had a great laser light display in the main 'Moolin Rogue' tent. He's a techno dj from Germany who wears a beaked mask and projects pictures of shamanic figures onto the large screens behind the decks. I don't care who he is; I just love the sound of house piano wafting out across a field.

Claptone



The 'slightly older' contingent
Royal Blood were excellent. I've been vaguely aware of them, but never really listened before - I will be from now on. They put out a whole lot of noise for just two people: Ben Thatcher on drums and Mike Kerr on guitar(s) - he played at least half a dozen different guitars during the 50-minute set. They were full of energy and attitude with the ability to have a bit of a laugh as well. 

Capital Brewing have put out a special Royal Brew Blood Orange IPA in their honour, which was on sale at the festival (although it had all sold out by the time I got there). Mike Kerr was encouraged to drink one by the crowd who yelled out for him to do a shoey - when he remarked that he hadn't got a shoe, he was helpfully supplied with one form the moshpit. So very rock and roll.


Royal Blood: a whole lot of music from two musicians



Ball Park Music are infectious. Their jolly jangly pop-tastic tunes belie a darker edge, but it's hard not to be happy when they open a set with It's Nice to be Alive and follow up with numbers such as Exactly How You AreEverything is Shit Except My Friendship with You, She Only Loves Me when I'm There and The Perfect Life Does Not Exist were also very well received, while the confetti cannons and giant beach balls added to the party atmosphere and overall good mood. 

Everybody's happy with Ball Park Music

No comments:

Post a Comment