Monday, November 19, 2018

Hills and Roses

I've not done this run for a while. It used to be one of my regulars when I lived on the south side of Canberra, but now I am north side, I don't get down here very often. As I had work to do in the area, I took my jogging kit with me so I could revisit an old favourite.

Urambi Hills
Views from the top

Our local theatre group, Canberra Repertory Society, is producing One Man, Two Guvnors. It's a great play and I am reminded of the fact that I enjoyed it so much when I saw it on the West End, that I bought the t-shirt. 



Once again, I cannot claim credit for the beautiful colours in the garden - these roses were planted long before I ever moved in here - but I love the fact that blooms are seasonal and they reappear every year to brighten our lives and lift our spirits. 



Speaking of lifting spirits, I saw this sign on a cafe wall after a particularly depressing morning at work. It's not quite 'this, too, shall pass', but it made me smile, so it helped in its own way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment