Monday, September 16, 2019

Friends and Festivals

I love a good festival. I like pretty much all festivals, because they are celebrations of things that matter to people, and I like the enthusiasm that brings folk together to share a common interest. We are at the start of the Italian Film Festival in Canberra - so many things to see. 


I have no idea what this festival was for, but I like the brightly-coloured lanterns strung through the bare branches of the trees above the market stalls.


Today's book and breakfast combo: I'm reading the novel because it was shortlisted for this year's Booker Prize (and I like the cover); I'm eating the breakfast because I like bacon and egg rolls.  


We had a sort of spring meal with a gathering of friends: this is some of the dessert selection. 


Our garden continues to do its spring thing with beautiful scents and colours. 


And the cool evenings are still the perfect time to enjoy a glass of spiced mead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment