Monday, June 1, 2009

Week 22: Weather Symbols



The Māori immersion school in Seatoun, Te Kura Kaupapa Māori o Ngā Mokopuna, has fantastic artwork along its fence. On a cold wintery day the murals are a bright spot by the grey sea. Apparently there is a culture collision here in our 'exclusive suburb'. I've lived here for three years and I never would have known if it weren't for the New Zealand Herald and a TV presenter.

Along Marine Parade the sky is grey and the bus stops are empty, but people find many ways to brighten up their only little patch of paradise.


I love how this sign is translated so that both canines and their human counterparts can read it.


Emerging sun and clouds make for some pretty patterns. This particular formation has probably got a name - little fluffy clouds, perhaps? No one mention The Orb.


Because this is directly in the flight path to the airport, I would guess that this formation is known as vaporo trailus - that's a meteorological term.



There are hailstones rattling down on the windowpanes and wine barrels.

And I can't even do any work because someone has stolen my seat.


No comments:

Post a Comment