Monday, August 12, 2019

Love Your Local

Our latest puzzle is a two-sided Coronation Street affair. Many of the images are from scenes at the pub - the back-street boozer is both a staple of English life and television. 


These images are from a walk through town where I spotted some new graffiti - okay, so it would have been hard not to notice; just look at those glorious bright colours!


The weekend saw Love Your Bookshop Day - as part of which, Harry Hartog Bookseller hosted a Love Your Local Author Day. I got to be a 'real author' and sign books and meet the public at the local bookshop. And I was in illustrious company too!
 

My reward to myself for the evening (wonderful though such an occasion is; it causes great anxiety within me) was to buy myself another puzzle and have some friends round for a cheese fondue. I know people mock these as a 70's stalwart, but they are fun and convivial. And there's cheese. 

Cheese fondue with dipping vegetables, pre-assemblage state

The next day we walked through Aranda Bushland to have breakfast at Two Before Ten: it is lovely to go for a walk through the trees and reward oneself with bacon and eggs.

Roast beetroot and chickpea hummus on Three Mills kibbled rye with poached eggs, fetta and a pistachio dukkah (with a side of bacon)

Him Outdoors with shakshouka

No comments:

Post a Comment