Monday, February 22, 2021

Mainly Food and Beverages

After another day of dog sitting for friends, my kittens tell me I have taken too many photos of dogs recently. They are not particularly happy with this development, and so I have tried to make amends.

My cats


I needed a break from work so I walked down through a park to a local cafe. I know people can't do this at the moment in the UK, but the decor of the cafe (and the sentiment) made me think of my sister who loves Audrey Hepburn (and is often the reason I smile). I had a Kerli's bowl, which featured brown rice, edamame, purple cabbage, carrots, seaweed, avocado, sesame dressing, sesame seeds, nigella seeds (whatever they may be) and mushrooms, with extra smoked salmon. It was delicious (and felt healthy; even though it possibly wasn't).


Date night involved a walk through Aranda Bushland to Bolt Bar, where we had cocktails and enjoyed the special offer of two pizzas and a bottle of wine. 

Aranda Bushland

Smoked olive martini
Apple kraken cocktail
Smoked everything pizza
Chilli squid pizza



While attending an event at Kambri ANU, I came across this outdoor exhibition, Here I Am: Art by Great Women. I really like outdoor exhibitions, bringing art into public spaces, and it's interesting to see people interacting with the works with a fresh focus in a less forced environment. There's a separate post on the art itself on my other blog.


It has been a strange year in many ways, but also with respect to climate. After years of drought, we've had a lot of rain in Canberra, and trees and shrubs have grown and thrived. The wisteria at our front door is flowering for a second time this year. It only flowers for about two weeks, so this is a great bonus!


Bentspoke Brewery have set up a 'pontoon bar' on the edge of Lake Burley Griffin. After successfully completing an errand in town at the weekend, we checked it out, and found it to be good. Beers and burgers with friends in the sunshine: what a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.

 

And we finished off the week with a walk around Lake Burley Griffin - so here is the obligatory shot of the National Carillon reflected in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment