Monday, February 15, 2021

Cat Walk

I am dog sitting for some friends. They are away in Sydney and their dogs need to be let out every hour or so to avoid any unfortunate accidents. They're pretty cute office colleagues.


But don't tell my girls I said that.


As well as the actual paid work, I am also working on the upcoming play I am directing. This week I met with a designer and we discussed some of the themes I would like to incorporate including weaving and storytelling; rope and sticks. Here are a couple of my inspirations


Later in the week I got together with the rest of the production team to discuss progress. I'm not saying that because we're all female, we have a better class of food at our production meetings, but...

As usual, I spent most of the rest of my leisure time eating, drinking, walking, and reading.

Chicken Noodle salad at Good Brother Cafe

I encountered this amazing mural at Dickson Shops. It is called In Our Hands by Faith Kerehona and Bohie Palecek. I felt it refers to the recent bush fires, the injured wildlife, and our responsibility towards them and our community. When I got home I managed to find out more about it on-line, where Faith Kerehona wrote,
"We created an artwork funded by cityrenewalcbr about regeneration, hope and bushfire commemoration. Arthropodium flowers bloom from her back, a species which has begun to bloom again after the fires in VIC and NSW. The girl, curled in a vulnerable fetal position, cradles a joey and echidna. She floats in water, the fire encased in her clothing. This mural invites the viewer to consider our collective, shared futures, and what our next steps in addressing climate change should be."
Half of the walking group completed our lap of Lake Burley Griffin and for once I even took photos of the walk itself, rather than just the restorative coffee and breakfast afterwards. 

The lake
Not the lake
The Luminosity at the lake

I've had a lot on my mind, and when that happens, I can't sleep. And when that happens, I need some comfort reading - and when that happens, I turn to Terry Pratchett. 

No comments:

Post a Comment