Monday, June 14, 2021

You are my sunshine


There is some software doing the rounds that can change a portrait image into that of a cartoon character. Calamity Sue made this picture of me that's a little bit freaky and proves what a wonky smile I've got: hence only one dimple.

At this time of year the morning sun shines directly into our hallway. It gives a golden glow to the start of the day and is, again, slightly alien, especially when it highlights the hatstand just so.


The very lovely Dr Kay and Patience Itself had organised a get-together which, being mid-winter, incorporated a three-course soup meal. We had French onion; pea and ham; pumpkin, potato and kumara, followed by (not pictured) Poires Belle Helene for dessert. I was very tired and very happy to see people, and the food was so delicious that I completely forgot I'm supposed to be on a low FODMAP diet. Three hours later, my stomach reminded me with a cramping, exploding vengeance. Oops! It was still a fun evening (the night; not so much).


We wandered down to The Pot Belly pub intending to see The Ginger Nuts perform, but we got the wrong weekend and so saw The Dirty Sunflowers supported by Gin on the Rocks instead. And they were good too. As was the beer, brewed by Him Outdoors. 


And when they find the sunny spots, the kittens like to play in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment