Monday, August 16, 2021

Lockdown

While we are sort of at the office and sort of not, we are encouraged to work from home, but every now and then we go into work - mainly on days where we have arranged to meet up together for lunch, which we usually do at The Turkish Pide House, where I like to order one of the chef's fusion dishes. 

Akendiz - swordfish infused with garlic, olive oil, tahini, and lemon sauce, served with saffron risotto

And then, due to COVID cases in the ACT, we went into lockdown - for the next two weeks we are only allowed to leave the house to get vaccinated, get groceries and medications, if one is an essential worker, or for one hour of exercise per day. In a fortuitous coincidence I received a parcel that very day. And I had also walked to the shops to get my 'non-panic-buying groceries. That's my essential shopping done for the week, then.

Typical weekly shop

Naturally there was consternation and much sadness about the news. So a group of us raised an on-line glass to commiserate with each other. Cheers!

 

Joking aside, once again I appreciate how lucky we are to have our garden in which we can relax with the butterflies and Melantho can prove that Tiggers don't climb trees. 


At the weekend I was able to go for a (carefully-timed) bike ride in Black Mountain Nature Reserve with Him Outdoors. Once again, I am very grateful to live where we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment