Monday, September 13, 2021

Workers’ Playtime

Out walking again on RUOK Day, I noticed this chalked-up driveway as the occupants of the house checked in with all the passers-by.


We like to reward ourselves for our efforts. In this case I gave myself a liquid reward in the garden. 


It is a beautiful garden and I really appreciate the space, particularly during lockdown. We enjoy spending time out in it and playing with our kittens in it (and did I mention drinking in it?).


A friend reminded me that these are interesting times through which we are living and that the expression 'May you live in interesting times' is as much of a curse as it is a blessing. This saying has been variously attributed to the Ancient Greeks, the Chinese, and the ever-prophetic Irish. I think of it as belonging to Terry Pratchett.


And it's great to be able to finish the week with a quick hike around the Pinnacle Nature Reserve with the Walking Crew(and the currently ubiquitous golden wattle). 

No comments:

Post a Comment