Monday, November 29, 2021

Strong Women


I made this cross-stitch. I love it. I'm giving it to a friend. I think it's wonderful that these women are bring identified as role models for the things they do; not the way they look.

I've been tapering off the walks this past week, ready for The Bloody Long Walk at the weekend. This means I have been just pottering around the local houses and admiring the flurry of poppies cropping up in nearby gardens. 


The weather has been wet, but we wanted to get one final preparation walk in during the week. Design Diva and I risked the overcast skies to walk the last leg, and were rewarded with the calm waters  and perfect reflections of Lake Burley Griffin.

National flags at Commonwealth Place

We were thrilled to get to go to see a live gig at The Basement. It was called the Cohen Street Bash and featured four bands, all with something to say - which is good, according to the graffiti in the ladies' loos. We were mainly there for Box Dye, who are staunch and angry with great guitars and drums. I had not see them before, and they definitely did not disappoint.

Welly
Dog World
Box Dye

No comments:

Post a Comment