Monday, February 12, 2024

Harvesting fruits

I have started my course at CIT. The building is old and a little underfunded, but it is clean and functional and there is some great artwork on the walls by the café. Unfortunately, there is no information to credit the artists.

 

One of our first assignments involves workplace health and safety, and we have to photograph instances of signs that might mitigate risk, and then write a report. I'll spare you the report, but I'm sure you'll find the image thrilling. You're welcome. 


And just in case you think CIT students are all methodical and serious, I'd like to assure you that they haven't changed a bit from when I was last studying in a tertiary education establishment 30-odd years ago. Again, you're welcome. 


Here's another exciting instalment in the sporadic series of Nailed It in which I make food that bears very little resemblance to the image in the recipe. This week: Ombre Gratin. 

How Ombre Gratin is supposed to look
How Ombre Gratin looked

At the weekend I walked through the Pinnacle Nature Reserve with Him Outdoors, and then we called in to Rocksalt for breakfast before heading home through the streets of Hawker past affluent homes and street libraries. 


When we got home we found a fabulous offering left on our front bench for us by a friend - a bag of fresh home-grown tomatoes from their abundant produce. I have often mentioned how I would like to grow my own fruit and vegetables - it just doesn't seem to be something I can manage to do, so I am extremely grateful for this gift of garden bounty from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment