Monday, February 19, 2024

Student life

The interior of nearly all education establishments looks the same. Several still have the one-way and distancing signage that was put up in COVID-times. One wonders if 'temporary' signs are left in place for so long that they are invisible, this presents a danger that new warning signs will be equally ignored. Does that mean that obsolete signs present a risk hazard themselves? I told you I was doing workplace Health & Safety units for my course.

 

Meanwhile, the exterior and surrounds of said establishments differs greatly. I don't recall anything like this in Manchester.


I popped into town to meet Him Outdoors who was setting up a stall at the Multi-cultural Festival. As I walked past the Big Little Man sculpture, I noticed that it had acquired an Asian conical hat. Perhaps this is appropriate for the festival, while also encouraging a sun smart message.  

The Big Little Man by Dean Bowen

Earlier this month at The Ovations Awards and Celebration Dinner, I won a voucher for Saffron restaurant in a raffle. So, before we went to see another play for the Ovations judging committee, Purple Lady and I made the most of the voucher to enjoy a meal and show. The East Mediterranean restaurant serves Greek, Lebanese and Moroccan dishes with a focus on shared plates and lots of chick peas, rice, yoghurt and garlic. We had the Mezze House Banquet for two.

Selection of dips and dolmades
Kabak, Bourak and Mantar

At the weekend I walked around Weston Park, where, unbeknownst to me, there was a rowing regatta taking place. I find the sight of colourful blades laid out in neat rows on the grass very pleasing and it takes me back to growing up beside the river. 

No comments:

Post a Comment