Monday, March 11, 2024

Hello, Possum!

While we eat our lunch at college, we are often joined by this fellow. I know this is abnormal behaviour as possums are meant to be asleep during the day, and not scavenging for scraps from students' sandwiches, but they are quite cute for all that.  


I also very much admire this artwork by Dale Huddleston (Sept '93) in the café, every time I get a coffee in my break between classes.
 

It's Canberra Day weekend so, like most Canberrans, we went to the coast. It's been almost a year since I had a holiday (even a weekend away), so I was very keen to spend some time with Him Outdoors by the seaside in Broulee. Of course, it featured walks, swims, bike rides, and breweries. 


Street libraries are everywhere, which is pleasing to see, although I had brought my own reading material, and we also found plenty to amuse us in the little village. 


The next morning we set out for a walk along the beachfront to Mossy Point, stopping at a café for breakfast.
 

I know it may feel a bit weird to take photos of the toilet block, but I like the mosaics. 


Naturally, there are shipwrecks along the coast - there are lots of jagged rocks, so that comes as no surprise. 


Most of the time Him Outdoors is happy and smiley on holiday, but sometime his resting face says otherwise.
 
Get off my beach!

I love it when the stingrays come in close to visit.


Walking back to our accommodation we passed another street library and a few more beaches, but we couldn't pass the pub. 


The next morning we went on a bike ride to the other side of Bengello Beach. It's a very pleasant trail and apparently well known in these parts. 


We continued our bike ride to the café, Mossy on Pacific, for brunch. The descriptions of the food were almost as good as the meals themselves: brioche coated in a cornflake and coconut crumb, berry coulis, berry and whip cream cheese, fresh berries, fresh berries and sweet biscuit crumble - for me. And for him: Two poached Bega valley eggs on artisan toasted sourdough, mint yoghurt, Aleppo chilli and garlic butter, fresh herbs.

Forrest Berry French Toast
Turkish Eggs

We then walked a bit of it off with a stroll around the Broulee Island Walk, which is actually more of an isthmus.


Lunch at Tuross Head (fish and chips) was super windy, but the sea gulls were happy.

I heart Moruya

No comments:

Post a Comment