Monday, March 5, 2018

Healthy Break

The lovely violinist in the Oh, What a Lovely War! band brought in some summer squash, so I made an alarmingly healthy salad with them, green beans, chick peas, red onion, Kalamata olives and coriander. It was delicious, especially served with pan-seared salmon steaks.

Healthy dinner
This image is the result of playing around with the cork picture I took last week. 

Cork board
And this isn't taken by me at all. It is the picture for March on the Joe Cornish calendar that Scarey Sis gave me. I love bringing the memory of English woodlands into my home.

Wild Daffodils, Farndale by Joe Cornish
A hearty breakfast is required to get me through a full day. I tried to make an omelette... I am aware of the expression 'you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs', but it seems that I just can't make an omelette. The scrambled eggs, however, were very tasty.

Scrambled eggs and beans
The white clown-face make-up we wear for the show is neither becoming nor good for the skin. Also, applying make-up cannot be considered one of my artistic talents.

Dressing room selfie
But after a week of work and performances, this was my Sunday night reward.

Suffragettes and gin

No comments:

Post a Comment