Monday, September 17, 2018

In the Midst of Death; There is Life

I've been doing a sort of beer and book matching thing of late. This is Galaxy Juicy by 3 Ravens paired with The Sun King by Nancy Mitford: fruity, juicy, and obscure with a dash of the tropical and and hint of bitterness.  It works.

Beer and book matching
Now I have begun at a new place of work, I need to find eating establishments nearby. This one seemed to feature the green. 


We are also meant to take a photo to put with our office details so that when staff members receive an internal email, they can check what the sender looks like and hopefully recognise them in future. I'm not particularly good at this selfie malarkey and equally unsure as to whether I would even want anyone to recognise me from this photo.


On one lunchtime walk, I took myself to Woden Cemetery, which is near my place of work. A very good friend died a few years ago; had he lived it would have been his 48th birthday. I like the peace of the graveyard and the blossom indicating new life and fresh hope.

Woden Cemetery

No comments:

Post a Comment