Monday, March 15, 2021

Staging a Feast

Canberra Day is curry with the Kays. Patience Itself cooks up a storm and we eat and drink on their patio. It's a good thing. 




Along the pathway to their house, there are these fabulous fruit trees - I'm not entirely sure what they are, but they look spectacular.



I have been working on a play in development with two other actors, the playwright and a dramaturg. People Inside Me by Katie Pollock was live-streamed from The Street Theatre, and this was our stage. 


It was a really intense process (the play covers some pretty deep and thought-provoking themes) and the whole 'having to watch yourself on TV' thing is extremely confronting. So I was greatly relieved afterwards when Original Gravity dropped round to share a dram of the good stuff with us. 


I then had a fabulous but exhausting weekend of auditions (I'm directing/ producing Margaret Atwood's The Penelopiad in July). There is such an abundance of female theatrical talent that I am spoiled for choice. I will have callbacks on Monday but, in the meantime, Him Outdoors applied for Husband of the Year by cooking me a roast dinner. Fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment